Losing weight is one of the hardest things to accomplish. Where do you even start? I am going to tell you 3 simple tips that can get you on track to the journey of weight loss.
Tip #1: Consume Less Sugar and Starches (Carbs)
This is probably the most important tip I can offer. When you cut back on sugar and starches:
- your going to be less hungry
- you end up eating fewer calories
- your body will start to consume your stored fat
- it lowers insulin levels
- you can lose anywhere from 6-10 pounds in the first week (yes, I said FIRST week)
Tip #2: Start Eating More Protein, Vegetables, and Fat
When you are designing your meals you should have each of these included! When you eat meals with protein, vegetables, and fat it will get your carb intake into the recommended range.
Including protein in your diet is very important. The more protein, the better. High protein diets:
- boosts metabolism dramatically
- reduces cravings
- reduces the level of calories by 441 per day on average.
Tip #3: Exercise 3 Times per Week
Even though you don’t necessarily need to exercise to lose weight, it is something that I strongly recommend. Go out and get a gym membership if you can or simply do some workouts at home like: push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, jump-rope, go on run / walks, etc..
Exercises three times per week:
- helps you burn a lot of calories
- prevents your metabolism from slowing down
- gets you in shape and will make you feel better